Picnics have become super trendy for this spring/ summer, and I love it! It’s such a fun way to get together with your family and friends and enjoy the outdoors. I will be sharing a very simple recipe that is perfect to bring on your next picnic. Pasta e frittata is exactly what it sounds like, spaghetti and frittata all in one! My mom used to make this dish when we went on picnics in Italy in the summer or during holidays like May 1st (Italian labor day) or Pasquetta (Easter Monday). Continue reading to find out how to make Pasta e Frittata and get ready for your next outdoor adventure.
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 lb of spaghetti
- 3 tablespoons of grated Parmigiano Reggiano
- A pinch of salt
- Black pepper
- Bring a large pot of water to boil for your spaghetti.
- While you’re waiting for the water to boil, use a large bowl and combine eggs, grated cheese, black pepper, and pinch salt. Start beating the eggs until everything is well mixed.
3. Once the water is boiling, cook your spaghetti.
4. When your pasta is ready, drain it out using a colander and pour in the egg mixture.
5. Mix the pasta and egg well together then pour in a medium size pan.
6. Cook your pasta until the bottom is a golden color (approximately 15 minutes), then flip the frittata over and do the same on the other side.
7. Once your pasta is all done, let it cool down for about 10 minutes.
There you have it, my simple pasta e frittata recipe perfect for your upcoming picnic.