Who doesn’t love a warm and hearty soup during fall and winter. One of my favorite and easy recipe for fall is my butternut squash soup. This recipe is perfect when you want a healthy and quick meal. It’s also perfect to serve for Thanksgiving/ Friendsgiving. One of the reasons that I love this butternut squash soup is because it’s super quick and easy and always a favorite. Keep reading to find out how you can make it at home.
Recipe serves 6
- 3 pounds of butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 1 onion chopped
- 4 medium carrots
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 6 cups of vegetable broth
- 1 cup of half and half
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- A sprinkle of nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
- Grated Parmigiano Reggiano
- Sage leaves or rosemary for garnish
1. In a large stock pot, over medium heat, melt butter, add onions and stir until translucent.
2. Add carrots, potatoes, and squash then saute` for 5 minutes stirring occasionally.
3. Add broth, salt, nutmeg, and pepper; bring to boil.
4. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Let the soup cool for 5 minutes once the vegetables are cooked.
5. Using an immersion blender, puree soup until smooth.
6. Before ready to serve, add half and half and heat through once more but do not boil.
7. Sprinkle some grated Parmigiano Reggiano and garnish with sage or rosemary.
I hope you enjoyed this simple and delicious soup dish. For more recipes, please visit my Cuisine page on my blog.
Don’t forget to follow Simply Signorina on social media and subscribe to my blog.